Wednesday 20 March 2013

The Moon On A Stick

One seriously cold evening back in January I popped down to Newland Avenue for the opening of Luna. A pop up gallery upstairs at The Moon on a Stick. I'd not been there before but it's one of those shops with a number of independent traders operating within it and sells a huge variety of crafty things -if you want an embroidered plushy owl, essential oils, olde worlde sweets, Rob Ryan ceramics, driftwood framed mirrors or a guinea pig clock that's the place to go, or you could pop upstairs to Fairymoo's Doodling World for cards, jewelery and craft supplies or into Luna to buy a picture by my housemate. They also do workshops on all kinds or craft and holistic health subjects.

At this point you're probably wondering what any of this has to do with beekeeping. I'm getting there. As well as selling their own lines they hire out shelves on a weekly basis for other people to sell from. I figured that my honey and polish would fit quite well with the Moon on a Stick's current lines. So I've hired one and put my remaining honey and polish on it.

The heart isn't mine..

Along with a couple of cards showing prices, a quick explanation how to use polish and a picture of a bee I added a couple of extracted shallow combs too. When you go to a supermarket to buy honey it's all too easy to forget where it comes from. I'd already sold quite a lot of the honey and after retaining one for myself and one to granulate for set honey next year there was only 18 jars left. I did have a vague plan to relabel the polish tins as my original bee picture does look a little waspy but as I'm still out of colour ink I decided to run with the labels already on the tins.

Edit 16/4/2014 The Moon On A Stick was a pop up shop and has since popped to a new location across the road. Having sucessfully sold the honey crop I don't have any other of my hive products in there at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment