Tuesday 3 January 2017

Vintage Makery Do Winter Craft Fair 2016

I'm a little late writing this one up but Saturday 26th November 2016 was the third Vintage Makery Do, organised once again by Vintage Cafe on Chanterlands Avenue -the place for gluten free food and  top notch frothy coffee, they have an Instagram feed too. Each time the event seems to be growing with more stalls.  On arrival I was greeted by a large polar bear wearing a hat and holding a box. The bear wasn't alone, inside the hall there was what I'm fairly sure was a King Penguin with a chick.

Greetings and Salutations


I didn't get time to check out all the other stalls but once again Koh-Koh Chocolates was there, and helped unload my car -cheers! :) I tried a sample of dark chocolate and sour cherry which sold out very quickly. In fact trade was so brisk by the time I took a picture a lot had sold out

Koh-Koh Chocolates' White Chocolate and Raspberry Shards


I'm not sure how long Bricknell Brewery has been around but I've noticed their distinctive brown labelled bottles appear on the bar at 80 Day Beer Haus a while ago. It's a local microbrewery with a range of beers including a number of Pale Ales but also a Chocolate Porter, a Russian Stout and a Victorian era Ale. Making 120-140 litre batches they even grow  their own hops, the beer is bottle conditioned and made without finings -which means this beer is all vegan friendly. I came away with an Anchor Pale Ale, a Double Anchor IPA, a Saazy Blonde and a Cascade Pale.

Bricknell Brewery
I brought along a few jars of honey, beeswax polish, propolis salve and propolis tincture. I've also recently sourced some honey dippers so I brought those along too, I didn't sell many of those but they had an aesthetic value and I gave a couple away to people who made larger purchases. Speaking of aesthetics I also plonked a super and a hive tool on the table.

Local Honey..
I have a good time, saw a few friends and of course sold a lot of honey :) I didn't get many stall pictures this time as I was one of the last people to set up and it was a busy day. As well as being a fun event and an opportunity for sales the event raised £100 for Hull Animal Welfare too so winners all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment