Thursday 21 July 2011

The Bad Beekeeper's Club

For me mornings are that time of day when you either wake up late to a screaming alarm and have a mad rush to get to work more or less on time or, at the weekend, that time when you stumble home worse for wear after a heavy night out and crawl into bed. For other people the morning is, I'm told, time to watch some TV. Aside from not having time in the morning I don't own a TV anyway, it's the 21st Century, things have moved on since 1926 and I replaced it with an XBMC pc years ago. Anyway the upshot is that I don't watch breakfast television. If I did I might have had a clue who Bill Turnbull is. But I don't. So I didn't.

Turns out Bill Turnbull is or possibly was a breakfast television presenter. Yes, as if this blog wasn't already exciting enough I'm waffling on about a breakfast TV news reader. It turns out he's also a beekeeper. And it turns out he's written a book. About beekeeping. It's called "The Bad Beekeeper's Club" and it's rather good -except for the bit with Chris Tarrant in it, although as I recall from my television owning, TV License paying days bits of anything with Chris Tarrant in it tended to be a bit pap. Anyway the rest of the book is rather good. It's not another 'how to keep some bees' guide but an autobiographical piece about his beekeeping experiences. Basically it's exactly like this blog, only better written, more interesting and by a bloke who knows a lot more about bees than me.


A Right Riveting Read. Really.

Pleasure, pain, sweat, smoke, killlings, knife wielding bikers, dangerous dogs and amusing anecdotes it's all in there. Ok so it's no World War Z but it's still a good read, if you're interested in bees that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment